Wireframes and Prototypes
What are Wireframes?
- Wireframes are low fidelity sketches of screens
- They help illustrate the interactions and layout
- Graphic design is carried out only when the wireframes are agreed
What are Prototypes?
- Prototypes are clickable
- Prototypes mimic the interactivity of the application
- Prototypes may be low fidelity (look like sketches) or high fidelity (look like the real application)
What are the Benefits of Wireframing/Prototyping?
- A wireframe/prototype helps to communicate the design to the customer and other stakeholders
- It’s quicker and easier to make changes to a wireframe or prototype than to a working site or application
- You can conduct an expert usability review, or usability testing, using a wireframe or a prototype