About User Journeys
Michael Heraghty has been a self-employed internet consultant since 2003. In 2011, Michael created User Journeys Ltd, to focus exclusively on user experience projects.
Michael Heraghty has been designing websites since 1995, when he published Ireland’s first e-zine, ‘The Buzz’ (sadly no longer online but available on some floppy disks in an attic!).
In 2004, Michael published ‘Website Findability’, an e-book about SEO — download it FREE.
Below are some of the projects Michael has worked on:
- Usability review for GMIT (2013)
- Contextual enquiry, usability testing and prototyping for Munich Re Automation Systems (2012)
- Usability consulting for Collins McNicholas (2012)
- Wireframes, reviews, contextual enquiry and storyboards for AXA (2008, 2010, 2011, 2012)
- Heuristic review, wireframes and remote testing for Safefood (2012)
- Wireframes and usability test planning for Fidelity Investments (2011)
- Usability testing for a retail bank via Strata3 (2011)
- Wireframes, workshops, personas and contextual enquiry for the Legal Aid Board, via System Dynamics (2011)
- Usability testing and reviews for Jameson Irish Whiskey (2010)
- Usability review and A/B split testing for AnotherFriend.com (2010)
- Usability review for 3 mobile (2008)
- HTML/CSS prototype of CRM tool for Scottish and Southern Energy, via Vision (2008)
- SEO and internet markeing review for Concern (2007)
- Web project management for Tourism Ireland, via iQ Content (2005/2006)
- IA workshop and wireframes for DELL, via EIAS (2006)
- Bespoke usability training for o2, via EIAS (2005)
- Usability review of CMS for Allianz, via EIAS (2005)
Michael has lectured on usability/SEO for the IIA, the DMI, NUI Maynooth, Trinity College and the IMI.
Michael is a veteran of the Irish internet scene. Read this interview with Michael Heraghty by Silicon Republic magazine from May 2004.
Associates of User Journeys
Since March 2011, Ciaran has performed marketing and business development tasks, in a freelance capacity, for User Journeys.
Energetic and always motivated, Ciaran ceaselessly strives to put himself in the customer’s shoes.
Ciaran has previously worked as
- Parliamentary Assistant for former Minister of State, Dr. Jimmy Devins
- Commercial Manager at Dublin Chamber of Commerce
- Executive at Irish Software Assocation